The Biting Off More Than I Care to Really Chew Edition:
1. I had a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. Our bedroom furniture (bought in the days we lived in the deep south where all new construction homes come with a bedroom the size of our current living room and entryway combined or larger) is far too big for our current teeny-tiny bedroom. So there was an oversized nightstand we never used that went out to the sale. Long story short, I mentioned to the lady looking at it she could have the rest of the set too… because I was in “Sell! Sell! Sell!” mode. Suddenly, the sale is over and my bedroom looks like a (no so great) frat house. Mattress on the floor, clothes in plastic bins. My strong DIY streak and the fact that we didn’t actually budget for an entirely new bedroom set thisverysecond meant I got myself a Craigslisting because I can’t deal with that type of situation too long. Soon, I am the proud owner of this beat up charmer and her two correctly sized nightstand companions.
2. Well, looks like I just added to the to-do list. Go to Lowes, get some spray paint and things are moving along… Coffee helps too.
3. And while we are spray painting and trying to glean inspiration from Pinterest, apparently my bedroom would look nicer if I could not only have white furniture, but a hint of coral would really make things pop. Up in the attic I still have that desk I used to use that would really make a wayyyyy better vanity. Now it turned coral.
4. The kicker here is that we still sleep on the floor and we still have a couple of spots that need better storage, so despite my efforts, we still live in a room that is only slightly improved. The summer project that lingers…. fantastic. I’ll start running to take my mind of such things. Running is awesome, I’m making great strides (you like that? I thought you would.) in terms of distance and endurance. But, really I now have lost exactly zero pounds and have another thing on my to-do list. Yeah.
5. And gosh darn it, we are still homeschooling and field trips are still on the agenda. Off we go to the museum!
6. But I also need something to wear to the family reunion photo that is in the fitting color scheme chosen (by me, who organized the photo and found the photographer so I sorta figure I can pick the colors I prefer to wear, right? It isn’t like khaki, navy, light blue, and white are that challenging for anyone else though. I’m trying to be reasonable here.) and since nothing fits the way I like it to these post-partum days I suppose I need to sew something! Add that to the list. Helen (the dress form and sewing buddy who listens to all my mutterings) is far to small for my actual current size (she’s a pre-partum model) so I did some pinning and made the outfit look better than it ever will on me. Then had some wine.
7. In the backyard a garden also grows. Thankfully, we’ve been living in the rainiest spring in a while so the watering is happening by God’s own hand rather than mine, but the bunnies aren’t helping my harvest. Here’s a photo of my sugar snap peas though – they are yummy and will probably not ever be on our table because I just snack on them whenever I am out there.
Go to Jen for far more interesting takes!